September issue of Policy in your Pocket out now!
It’s been a busy couple of months, with plenty of controversy and new announcements.
In September's Policy in your Pocket bulletin, you will find:
- Adult learning turmoil (including the Adult Education Budget crisis; a legal challenge to the AEB allocations; £200m AEB funds unspent; the Learndirect controversy; adult learner and FE loans problems, and possible AEB devolution delays)
- Apprenticeship News (including the new RoATP; new Apprenticeships Director and Diversity Chair; social mobility; the over-60s; and the non-levy tender chaos)
- Ageing population & digital skills reports
- Hearing the learner voice
- Party conferences report
- Last Area Reviews published
- Brexit and FE
- Other news in brief (including ETF, FE Workforce skills and Functional Skills Surveys, an Opportunity to work with Offender Learning, the fall in number of disadvantaged learners, funding for workplace skills, TES Awards for adult community learning, the new Education Select Committee, T-Level support on offer, Festival of Learning Awards, new funding for returners to work, a new Chief for the ESFA, Lord Halfon questions value of employer perspectives survey, and the Learning and Work Institute’s plan for the Chancellor’s budget
- Focus on Funding, Resources & Events (including The Society for Education and Training (SET) membership, Education and Training Foundation (ETF) resources, TSNLA/ETF Continuing Professional Development Bursary Scheme, Free online Prevent training modules, Promotional materials for young adult carers, and Edge Foundation guide to grant funds